2) Note Reading Practice
1) classic.musictheory.net/82 - When you arrive on this page, go into "settings" and change the clef to your clef. Then drag the whole notes up or down to set the note range that you want to work on.
2) musicracer.com - A great game that puts you in competition with band students all over the country. Select either note reading or fingerings. Then pick your instrument and go! You even get to put your name in if you make the top ten!
3) Mallet Practice - This one is primarily for percussionists working on their mallet playing, but level one works for any instrument.
4) Flash Cards (Treble Clef) - Click here to go to an online flash practice for treble clef note reading
5) Flash Cards (Bass Clef) - Click here to go to an online flash practice for bass clef note reading
Rhythmic Reading Practice
1) therhythmtrainer.com - This site practices your ability to hear rhythms and then type them out correctly.
Tools to help you practice!
1) Lesson Book Accompaniments - Use these lines to practice your lesson book homework. Each line is repeated twice.
2) Metronome - EVERYONE should practice with a metronome. Here is a free one to use at home. You can also download an "app" for your (or your parents') smartphone or iPod touch. (While you're downloading free apps, look for a "tuner" app too!!!)
5th & 6th Grade Band Songs - Coming Soon
4th Grade Band Songs - Coming Soon
Jazz Band Songs - Coming Soon
Other Great Sites
1) NMEA - This is the homepage of the Nassau Music Educators Association
2) NAfME - This is the homepage of the National Association for Music Education
3) NYSSMA - This is the homepage of the New York State School Music Association
4) Drum Machine - This is a fun site that allows you to create your own one or two measure beats
5) Staff Paper - This is a link to print your own staff paper. Write your own music!!
6) Drum Rudiments - A comprehensive list of rudiments with accompanying videos!